Is the solicitor aware?!
This course deals with the various issues that arise when a buyer complains that he has bought the property as a result of a misrepresentation. It deals with basic issues and recent cases. It is suitable for residential or commercial agreements. Points covered include:
- Misrepresentation Act 1967, s2
- Standard conditions
- Exclusion clauses - s3 of the 1967 Act and UCTA
- Removing fixtures between inspection and exchange - Taylor v Hammer
- Seller's Property Information Form - "disputes" or "complaints" McKeekin v Long
- "Not so far as the seller is aware"
- "You must rely on your own survey" - Clinicare Ltd v Orchard Homes
- Entire agreement clauses
- Rescission or damages
Trainer: Gary Webber
Level: Intermediate / advanced.
CPD: 1.5 hours
Back to top