Does the contract have to be in writing?
This course deals with the circumstances in which a contract for the sale of land is required, by s2 of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous) Act 1989, to be in writing - or more accurately when it does not. What are the exceptions?
- The principal requirements of s2.
- Terms genuinely outside the land contract - North Eastern Properties Ltd v Colman
- Exceptions within the section
- Joint ventures and Yeomans v Cobbe
- Section 2(5) and constructive trusts - proprietary estoppel
- Other recent cases - Herbert v Doyle
Trainer: Gary Webber
CPD: 1.5 hours
Level: Intermediate / advanced
Back to top