Assignment and sub-letting
- The tenant's request - what should it contain?
- The landlord's response - what should it contain?
- Consenting by mistake! (Aubergine)
- Relationship with absolute covenants
- Virtual assignments
- Alterations and user
- Unreasonable refusal
- Unreasonable delay - how long is a piece of string?
- Do you even need to be reasonable?
- Subletting and side letters (Allied Dunbar v Homebase)
- Reverse premiums - do they work?
- Remedies - has the tenant really got any?
- Sometimes - landlords beware big damages (Thurloe).
- Rights as between proposed assignor and assignee - getting out of the contract
Suitable for commercial property lawyers and litigators.
Level: This very practical course starts with the basics and builds up to deal with difficult issues. It is therefore suitable for all levels.
Course leader: Gary Webber
2 hours CPD