Topics this month:
- Business Lease Renewal: Lease renewal terms – electronic communications site
- Landlord and tenant (General): Commercial landlord and tenant - Declaratory relief regarding insurance provisions; Breach of Covenant - obligations to remove asbestos as part of yielding up in good condition; Mixed-Use Premises - relief from forfeiture after delay.
- Mortgages: Mortgaged property - compulsory purchase – determination of compensation payable; Disclosure – DSARs – Securitisation – Totally without merit applications.
- Planning: Summary of confirmed and proposed changes to Permitted Development Rights; Planning Conditions – Lawfulness; Development Plan – Dwellings - Use Classes
- Property Litigation: Civil Procedure - amending statement of case - severe delay; Costs in cases of partial success - principles relating to costs where the overall winner of a claim had failed on a number of issues; Commercial Landlord and Tenant - Damages for unlawful eviction of a commercial tenant
- Property Transactions: Contract – termination - stage payments – time of the essence
- Restrictive Covenants: Discharge or modification – outlook – practical benefit of substantial advantage.
- Solicitors Practice Points: Land Registry cancellation of applications - Update to Land Registry Practice Guide 67a - Anticipated Land Registry guidance on Electronic Signatures not requiring a witness - Conveyancing Standards Bill - Proposal to require mandatory disclosure of referral fees paid to estate agents.
The next update will be in the middle of December.
16 November 2020
To download the November update click here: