Topics this month:
- Boundaries: Orphaned land – very narrow strip
- Co-ownership: Proprietary estoppel – s2 of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989; Beneficial interests – non-cohabiting couple – shared weekend home - occupation rent
- Landlord and Tenant (General): Construction of break clauses in a commercial lease - implied terms on exercise; Relief from forfeiture - exercise of discretion – delay – non-communication.
- Long Leases: Payments to a court appointed manager were service charges and subject to statutory regulation; Enfranchisement - valuation – improvements; Defective Premises; Repairs; Service charges.
- Mortgages: Mortgage enforcement - compromise – threat to appoint receivers – intimidation and economic duress – breach of duty.
- Solicitors Practice Points: Land Registry Practice Guide 27- Conveyancers Certificate; SDLT – First Time Buyers Relief
To download the full update click on one of the links below.
The next update will be in the middle of June.
17 May 2021