The December 2019 update is now available.
Topics this month:
- Easements: Right of way – parking – loading and unloading.
- Landlord and tenant general: Consent in leases – reasonableness; Equitable relief from forfeiture – licence and possessory rights; Company Voluntary Arrangement – impact on terms of lease; Relief from forfeiture – rent – time limit.
- Long Leases: Service Charges - construction of a lease - liquidation of management company; Collective Enfranchisement – initial notices – was a flat a dwelling; Service Charges – heating systems on adjoining estates.
- Planning: Inspector – assumptions; CIL - surcharge; CIL – Liability Notice; Outbuilding – Permitted Development; Solar Panels – material consideration
- Property Transactions: Sale of land – fixtures - fish stocks – solar panels; Sale contract - s2 Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989 – email signatures; Conditional sale contract - contract variations and jurisdiction of expert
- Public access: Definitive maps and statements – sufficiency of evidence for order adding rights of way
- Residential Tenancies: Electrical Regulations – Commencement Order
- Solicitors Practice Points: SRA Standards and Regulations; Land Registry Practice