Topics covered this month:
- Co-ownership and estoppel: Estoppel – sale and rent back – agency – s2 of the 1989 Act
- Landlord and tenant (General): Coronavirus – protection from forfeiture – rent - commercial premises.
- Long leases: Collective Enfranchisement - Right to acquire intermediate leases of airspace - subsoil.
- Mortgages: Peer to peer lending – agency – representation order under CPR 19.6. Enforcement – threat to appoint receivers to sell - intimidation – economic duress – best price reasonably obtainable.
- Property Litigation: Coronavirus - stay of residential possession proceedings – extension of time limits in other proceedings – video and audio hearings – closure of courts.
- Residential tenancies: Coronavirus – extension of notices periods under certain tenancies; Section 8 notices - application of the “reasonable recipient” test; agricultural tenancy or assured tenancy - determination of rent.
- Solicitors Practice Points: Residential conveyancing - Guidance on the effect of Covid 19; Help to Buy; Land Registry revised Practice on Restrictions
Access to the full Word and pdf versions of this update can be accessed from this page. If you are subscriber please log in to your account and return to this page to access the update.
A three-month trial period is available to non-subscribers on the Join page
Charities may subscribe at a reduced rate.
Students and teachers who belong to a university or other educational institution that has subscribed under the Multiple User Membership option may use the site and access the updates at no extra charge.
There are generally 10 updates per year (excluding August and January). Sample monthly updates can be accessed at the Join page - see above.