Topics this month:
- Co-ownership: Joint Tenancy – severance.
- Landlord and Tenant (General): Forfeiture and CRAR – coronavirus; Service charges - role of landlord’s “conclusive” certificate; Vacant possession – reinstatement of fixtures and chattels.
- Mortgages: Mortgage fraud - solicitor’s negligence in failing to register documents – defence of illegality; Receivers - owner’s powers – entitlement to sell when property in receivership – s26 Land Registration Act 2002.
- Restrictive Covenants: Discharge or modification under s84 Law of Property Act 1925 – Public Policy – developers conduct – Supreme Court decision.
- Solicitors Practice Points: Land Registry – digital identity checks; EWS1 Certificates – buildings without cladding.
To download the December update click here: