Topics this month:
- Landlord and Tenant (General): Forfeiture - Waiver of right to forfeit by exercise of CRAR; Commercial Lease - breach of the covenant for quiet enjoyment - offer of compensation.
- Long Leases: Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 - First Refusal - exempt transactions; Service charges - appointment of a manager; Service Charges - interpretation of “Right to Buy” long leases; RTM Companies - service charges.
- Mortgages: Leasehold property held by company subject to mortgage - dissolution of company - bona vacantia - disclaimer of lease - entitlement to vesting order; Commercial mortgage loans; Secret commission - remedies - set-off;
- Property Transactions: Contract – “subject to contract”; Appointment of a manager under Part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 – effect of subsequent disposal for value.
- Public access: Town or village greens - statutory incompatibility
- Solicitors Practice Points: Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Amendment) Regulations 2019 – Law Society Guidance
Access to the full Word and pdf versions of this update can be accessed from this page. If you are subscriber please log in to your account and return to this page to access the update.
A three-month trial period is available to non-subscribers on the Join page
Charities may subscribe at a reduced rate.
Students and teachers who belong to a university or other educational institution that has subscribed under the Multiple User Membership option may use the site and access the updates at no extra charge.
There are generally 10 updates per year (excluding August and January). Sample monthly updates can be accessed at the Join page - see above.