Topics this month:
- Boundaries and adverse possession: Boundaries - extrinsic evidence – photograph – when an appeal will be allowed.
- Co-ownership: Sale of land by court order – is one co-owner allowed to buy out without the sale being tested on the market?
- Landlord and tenant (General): Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 – provisions protecting tenants during pandemic – restrictions on winding up – moratoriums; Code of Practice - commercial property relationships during pandemic; Conditional agreement to surrender – payment of monies due – giving vacant possession.
- Long leases: Holiday lets – breach of covenant? Enfranchisement - meaning of “a house” – roof and other structural elements not demised; Service Charges – Landlord’s certificate conclusive?
- Mortgages: Receivers – duties on sale – requirement of good faith – sale at undervalue.
- Property litigation: Possession claims – extension of coronavirus stay to 23 August – application to claims outside Part 55.
- Property transactions: Land Registration –rectification of register – exceptional circumstances.
- Residential tenancies: Gas Safety Certificates and s21 notices; Flexible Tenancy – fixed term – determination.
- Solicitors Practice Points: Law Society Practice Note- Fraud; Property Information Forms – revised Guidance Note for TA6; VAT – Postal Searches; COVID-19: Law Society further amended statement on virtual execution and e-signatures.
This link gives you access to the page dedicated to Coronavirus and property law.
To download the July udpate click here: