Topics this this month:
- Long Leases: Service Charges - reasonableness - jurisdiction of the county court and of the First Tier Tribunal; FTT must assess evidence - burden of proof.
- Mobile Homes: Security of tenure - site owners lease - protection after site sold; Protected Site - Mixed (holiday and residential) sites.
- Nuisance and trespass: Overlooking; Art 8 of ECHR - Tate Modern case.
- Planning: Green Belt Land - exceptional circumstances - need for housing; Planning permission - approval of reserved matters.
- Property Litigation: Possession procedure - Pre-Action Protocols - rent and disrepair.
- Residential Tenancies: The Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020.
- Restrictive Covenants: Discharge or modification under s.84 Law of Property Act 1925 - Practical Benefit; Discharge or modification - obsolescence; Discharge or modification - no injury.
- Solicitors Practice Points: Amended TA6; Fire Safety in Multi occupancy multi storey buildings.
Access to the full Word and pdf versions of this update can be accessed from this page. If you are subscriber please log in to your account and return to this page to access the update.
A three-month trial period is available to non-subscribers on the Join page
Charities may subscribe at a reduced rate.
Students and teachers who belong to a university or other educational institution that has subscribed under the Multiple User Membership option may use the site and access the updates at no extra charge.
There are generally 10 updates per year (excluding August and January). Sample monthly updates can be accessed at the Join page - see above.