Topics covered this month:
- Landlord and Tenant (General): Coronavirus – restrictions on CRAR, statutory demands and winding up; Waiver of right to forfeit
- Long Leases: Breach of covenant - holiday lets; Breach of covenant by sub tenant – liability of lessee
- Mortgages: Assignee claiming possession
- Nuisance and trespass: Easements - right to light – nuisance
- Planning: Permitted Development Rights – Enforcement; Compulsory Purchase – Procedure; Green Belt - openness
- Property Litigation: Coronavirus – more on PD51Z; First Tier Tribunal procedure - s9 Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007
- Property transactions: Guarantees – enforceability.
- Residential tenancies: Public Sector Equality Duty - possession claims
- Restrictive covenants: Leasehold covenant - whether covenants secure practical benefits of substantial benefit or advantage.
- Solicitors Practice Points: EPC requirements and Covid 19; Land Charges applications; Land Registry Temporary Practice changes - Verification of ID and signing deeds.
Access to the full Word and pdf versions of the Updates written by our team of experts can be accessed from this page. If you are a subscriber please log in to your account and return to this page to access the update.
A three-month trial period is available to non-subscribers on the Join page
Charities may subscribe at a reduced rate.
Students and teachers who belong to a university or other educational institution that has subscribed under the Multiple User Membership option may use the site and access the updates at no extra charge.
There are generally 10 updates per year (excluding August and January). Sample monthly updates can be accessed at the Join page - see above.
The next update will be in the middle of June 2020.
14 May 2020