The online resource for UK Property Law

Trees and hedges

High hedges Part 8 of the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003 gives local authorities powers to deal with complaints by neighbours in relation to high hedges. A complaint may be made by the owner or occupier of a domestic property on the grounds that his or her reasonable enjoyment of the property is being adversely affected by the height of a hedge situated on land owned or occupied by another person. A complaint must be made to the local authority in…

You must be logged in to view this content.

This content is available on our subscription plans - join today for full access to the legal library